Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ill-Fated!

Last night I got a computer virus, apparently from downloading the pretty Victorian wallpaper that I've used for my blog backdrop! I had to spend an hour on the phone with a very patient friend who walked me through manually removing the hijacker virus using command prompts in Windows "safe mode". I haven't had a computer issue in 7-8 years, what total panic when the virus blocked all my attempts to go online to download some better Antivirus software!!

So part of the deal for downloading the wallpaper was to give the artist credit and post a comment below their piece linking back to my use of it, which regrettably I'm not going to do on account of wanting nothing to do with that website again (which was the popular Deviantart.com). Sorry, fellow artist, I'm certain the virus wasn't YOUR fault! Thank you for the wallpaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment