Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ornament Field Test goes well!

Does this little fellow look as if he has been hanging out in the weather unprotected since March? No, he doesn't! I was very surprised when I examined him closely after months of direct exposure to overnight freezes, downpours, hail, 100+ degree temperatures, and sunlight. Evidently the Krylon matte clearcoat spray I use to seal the stain is pretty darn good. Even the waxed hemp cord strung through him seems to be holding up well.

I still would not recommend that everyone who buys one of my ornaments should feel free to leave it hanging out in the elements, but I think this field test shows that an outdoor covered porch environment would suit my Wise Leaves and Cheerful Acorns just fine. I'm so pleased!

The rest of my little leaf and acorn friends can be viewed in my Etsy shop!



No comments:

Post a Comment